Busy Days

My days lately have been busy, busy.  There is always so much to be done here in the home and on the homestead.  Yesterday I thought I would write down what I did so it is kind of my journal of sorts…  A Homemakers Daily Journal!    And today I am up early again and making my lists and ready to tackle another day. 


 


Monday May 8, 2006


Morning


~Up at 5:AM


~Bible Time


~Computer: answer emails, check in on message board


~Kitchen: cut up some fat and start rendering it (pig fat I had in the freezer from some pigs we raised)


~Animal Chores: Milk Goats (kids fed the rest of the goats and chickens)


~Back up to the House: strain milk, check on lard,  most of the kids made their own breakfast (scrambled eggs and toast) while I sent out some orders from my Country Store


~Kitchen Clean Up, the kids had done most of this I just handle the little details


~Made a goat milk strawberry smoothie and toasted homemade sourdough bread for my breakfast


~Shower


~clean my room


~Start a load of laundry


~Check on lard; add the remaining fat that did not fit in the pan before it had melted down enough


~Sierra and Jacob worked independently on their math; Isaac is done with school and has helped me with a few chores in the house


~updated my website and added some soap to my Store


*************************************************************


Noon


~Move laundry to the dryer, start another load


~Swept dining room floor


~Swept and mopped kitchen floor (made floor cleaner)


~Kids made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on their own


~Sat out tea and cups in preparations for ladies coming to Bible Study today at my house


~Bible Study (lasted 2 ½ to 3 hours)


*************************************************************


Evening


~Finish helping the girls clean out the barn and make room for the 200 T-Posts that Tobin brought home after work


~With the help of a couple of my children I repaired a hole in my green house which is currently housing goats (who made the hole!)


~came back to the house and helped Emily finish putting together tacos for our dinner


~Hannah came home and shared about her day (she did her volunteer time at the vet’s office and then had a house cleaning job in the afternoon), so I visited with her


~Sat down at the computer to check my emails and drop in on my message board again (and just take a break!)


~Moved some laundry through


~strained the lard that had been rendering all day


~had dinner


~hubby came home (he was late due to picking up fencing materials) and we visited for awhile


~put away a folded load of laundry


~helped my girls clean up the kitchen


~got you youngest kids to bed


~packed up things for Tobin’s lunch for Tuesday


~Took the soap I made on Saturday out of the molds


~went to bed!! 


 

Comments

  1. OurLittleHomesteadMay 9, 2006 at 12:27 AM

    Busy, busy! I can relate.......:) But it's a good, peaceful busy (imho) :)


    Have a blessed day Crystal :)


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyable to read....you had a really busy, yet enjoyable day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont' know about you, but I am give out after all that!!!!

    Love ya,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal,

    I love reading about your days on the Homestead....you and your family are so wonderful.

    Love ya dear friend,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you did have one busy day. I love reading your blog.

    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is always so inspiring!! And I have my sourdough starter going---your posts encouraged me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blog, I check in almost everyday. I also get your newsletter every month. I recently ordered some of your soap, so I hope one of those packages are mine, LOL.

    Have a great and blessed day.

    P.S. I thought I had busy days!

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub