Menu Monday!






Last week's menu turned out well. I made a few changes. Instead of spaghetti I cooked a pork shoulder roast in my crockpot. It fit better with my busy day. I dumped a jar of my homemade pickled cabbage over it all and let it cook all night until the next afternoon. It was delish. I served it with rice.

When my enchilada night came around I still had pork roast left, not a lot, but enough that I did not want it to go to waste. I also had rice leftover. I chopped up the pork, added the rice and a can of chili and used this to fill my enchiladas. I made my basic enchilada sauce to spread over it all and topped it with cheese. I know it sounds strange, but it tasted great and the family ate it up.

I am always happy when I can creatively use up my leftovers. Just takes a little thinking “outside the box” sometimes. :)


This weeks menu seemed challenging. I felt like I had no ideas floating through my brain... Ha, ha.. But I looked around my freezer and pantry to see what I could work with and what would need to be added and eventually came up with a few meals.

Today is grocery shopping day so I'm picking an easy meal to toss together. I have some jars of home canned chicken cacciatore on the shelf. I'll open a couple of them and make angel hair pasta and serve some french bread and a salad on the side..

The rest of the week is looking like this...


Hawaiian Meatballs
This is a crockpot meal. It uses premade frozen meatballs. I have some in my freezer. I found this recipe: http://fakeginger.com/2014/05/15/slow-cooker-hawaiian-meatballs/ that I'm going to try. I'll make rice and a salad to serve with it.


Dutch Oven Cranberry Chicken
It is the season for cranberries!! I'm using my recipe for dutch oven cranberry beef and subbing chicken. Its been a while since I pulled out the dutch oven so I figured it was time. I'll sever some buttered pasta and green beans with this.


Sausage Veggie Dish
I'm not really sure what to call this meal as I'm just putting it together in my head as I plan this week. I have some Jimmy Dean sausage in the fridge that needs to be used up. My plan is simple... fry up the sausage with onions, peppers, mushrooms, celery, and any other veggie I may happen to have in my fridge. Serve this with rice. Not fancy, not clever, but easy and good.


I'm thinking this should do it for the week. Hope your meal planning is going well! :)

 

Comments

  1. Your Sausage Veggie Dish sounds very close to a family favorite of ours--"Sausage Rice Casserole"!

    I enjoy your weekly menus and the recipes and the family pictures you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa... I'm going to post about it next week.. it turned out great! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub