Menu Monday!




It's a busy week ahead. I'm still trying to figure out what to make for our family Christmas Eve dinner. In the meantime I need to focus on the week before this.

I've not done any Christmas baking this year. Which has been just fine. I guess I'm just needing a year off. :) I'll buy some goodies and maybe make a batch of fudge.

Now for the week ahead...

I made the pork chops I had on last weeks menu on Sunday. We have leftovers for tonight. Which is good. It's grocery shopping day and picking up last minute items before Christmas.

The rest of the week..


Salsa Chicken
This is one of those super easy, don't have to think too much recipes. Put into your crockpot chicken breasts, a can of beans, salsa, add some chopped up veggies (onion, carrots, celery), sprinkle in some taco seasonings or seasonings of your choice and cook on low for the day. Shred the chicken, serve in tortillas with lettuce and sour cream. Chips and salsa on the side.


Aidells Sausages & Cabbage
I saute cabbage and onions and Aidells Sausages (from Costco). I'll serve it with rice and a salad.


Sub Sandwiches
I need something quick and easy as I approach the holiday with all the things to be done. I'll make sub sandwiches, serve some tomato soup on the side and a veggie platter.

As soon as I figure out my Christmas menu, I'll share it. What do you serve for Christmas dinner?



 

Comments

  1. Christmas dinner: Homemade Kielbasa with horseradish, ketchup, Polish coffee cake and butter, turkey, homemade dressing (some with sage, some without), cranberry relish flavored with cinnamon stick, orange juice and fruit, salad with lettuce, oranges and apples with dressing choices, a hot vegetable (broccoli, carrots, or green beans or a mixture) fresh butternut or acorn squash stuffed with onion, spices and sour cream. Dessert: Apple and pumpkin pies, more coffee cake and this year maybe a German stollen. Supper will be similar, maybe kielbasa and turkey sandwiches with pickles and other condiments and ice cream or sherbet with homemade Christmas cookies.
    May you have a wonderful Christ filled Christmas and may your family and you enjoy all your time and meals together.
    Nita in southeast Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always have ham, sweet potatoes and asparagus. Sometimes rutabaga and broccoli salad also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first Christmas in our homestead in Idaho...Ina Garten's chicken stew topped with bisquits. It's my first time living in snow country so thought it sounded warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first year we've bought half a cow, and so we are making the Prime Rib roast that we got from that. I'm so excited! I've never made it, let alone eaten it before. I just hope I don't screw it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub