Watermelon Lemonade


I made this over the weekend for my family and it was so yummy! And so easy to make.

You will need some watermelon, lemon juice (from the bottle), honey and water.

I started by cutting up 4 generous cups of watermelon chunks..




I put this in my blender and pureed it until very smooth…




Next I made 2 quarts of lemonade. I measured into a one gallon container a ½ cup of honey….




I put in a little boiling water so the honey would dissolve and stirred this up. I then added 1 cup of lemon juice..




Next, I added water until it reached the 2 quart mark on my pitcher..




Finally I added the pureed watermelon and mixed it up well. I divided the mixture between 2 2-quart jars (because this fits better into my fridge)…






Pour over a glass full of ice and enjoy a nice refreshing glass of watermelon lemonade!!







Note: the lemonade can separate as it sits in the fridge..  just shake it up a bit before serving. 


 

 

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful! Nice and cool and refreshing. We are having a church picnic this Saturday. I think this will be great to take. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I know what I'm gonna do with my watermelon surplus. thanx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of a blender do you have it looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an Oster.. I purchased it at Costco a few years ago. Nothing special, but it does work very well..

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub