Berry Smoothie


Summer is smoothie time!! Well, honestly I love smoothies all the time.. but they do seem more fitting on hot summer days. I have lately been making a delish berry smoothie. I enjoy them for breakfast the most. My kids enjoy them for lunch along with brown rice cakes spread with peanut butter.

Here is my recipe…

I start with 1/3 cup coconut milk. This is coconut milk from the can…




I open the can and use a fork to gently mix it all together as coconut milk separates. I add the 1/3 cup coconut to the blender…




And then add milk to make 1 cup..





Then I add 1 cup frozen berries. I am using frozen berries from Costco…




But any type will work (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries ). Add to blender…




Then add a big handful of spinach leaves, trust me you won’t taste them and neither will your children  but everyone will enjoy the nutritional benefits! ….




Finally add a little honey, (a tablespoon or so).. this is optional… (sorry for the blurry picture)





Blend until smooth….





Serve and enjoy!!





Comments

  1. YUM! I have been making kefir smoothies, but have not thought of adding the coconut milk. Extra goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. We love smoothies here too. I had never thought of coconut milk. I will be giving these a try. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Crystal! Speaking of Coconut Milk...I was wondering if you'd ever heard of anyone home canning home made coconut milk. I just saw your instructions for how you've canned your goats' milk in the past and wanted to get your opinion. http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/canningmilk.htm Do you think the same protocol would work? And what kind of shelf life have you gotten from your canned milk. Sorry to be a little off topic...Just hoping for some input. Thanks! -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa.. well, I've never done this so I have really no idea. I will say with the canned goats milk it had a taste like commercial canned milk.. not that great. Works fine for baking and such but I would not want to drink it. I wish I could give you more input on it! I think if it was me I might just freeze it instead.

      Crystal :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub