Green Chile Pork


I made this meal a few days ago. It is good .. but be warned it IS spicy.

Here is the recipe:


Green Chile Pork

3 to 4T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3+ pounds pork cut into bite size pieces
1T lime juice
1T chili powder
2t minced garlic
2t cumin
2 4 oz cans green chilies
16 oz Salsa Verde )
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Salt & pepper to taste


Heat a large frying pan or dutch oven and add olive oil. When the oil is hot add onions. Cook onion for a few minutes to soften slightly. Add pork and cook until pork has browned nicely. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for a few minutes. If you are not using a dutch oven the transfer to an oven proof pan, cover with foil or a lid and put in 325 oven. If you are using a dutch oven put lid on and simply put the pork into the 325 oven. Let this cook for 2 to 3 hours or until the pork is tender.



Here it is in pics…

Chop up the pork ( I used 3lbs of boneless pork loin roast) and onion. ..




Heat oil in a dutch oven (or frying pan) and cook onion until softened slightly. Add add pork and cook for a bit more…




Add salsa verde and green chilies…






Add spices…




Bring to a boil and let simmer for a few minutes. Cover with lid if using a dutch oven (if not put pork into an oven proof pan and cover with a lid).




Put in 325 degree oven and cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours until meat is tender.




I served this yummy spicy pork with brown rice and topped it with the Avocado Tomato Mango Salsa that I recently posted and a green salad. Hope you enjoy!!





 

Comments

  1. Looks delicious! I have more of a cooking question though. I notice you are using cast iron. I bought a beautiful cast iron pan, but have been scared to use it because someone told me I can't use it on my flat top stove. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi zigswife.. I don't have a flat top stove but I have heard of people using them anyway, without a problem. I did a quick little web search and found this article which I thought was helpful: http://www.cookingincastiron.com/files/20090811_glasstop_stoves.html

      Crystal :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub