Almond Butter Brownies





I tried a new brownie recipe yesterday and it was soooo good!! It was also very different! I basically followed this recipe: http://www.elanaspantry.com/brownies/  only made some changes.  Here is what I did..

16 oz almond butter (I had a large jar of almond butter and weighed out 16 ounces), my favorite brand is Maranatha
2 eggs
1 ¼ cups honey
1T vanilla
½ cup cocoa powder
½ t salt
1t baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Almond butter separates as it sits on the shelf. I started by first stirring it up real well. ..

Measure out 16oz of almond butter (you can buy almond butter in 16oz jars if you don’t have a scale) and pour it into a mixer (I used my Bosch with the cookie paddles, a Kitchen Aid will do the job as well). Mix it for a bit to make sure it is smooth. Add eggs and mix well. Add honey and vanilla and mix again. Add the cocoa powder, salt and soda. Mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips. 


Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 325 for 35 to 40 minutes.

These were a big hit with the family… 


Note: I am pretty sure peanut butter could be subbed for the almond butter, I may try that next time!
 

 

Comments

  1. I've never tried almond butter, but this sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it Charlotte.. almond butter is so yummy!! :)

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. Is there no flour in these?
    Thanks!
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is correct... no flour..

      Crystal :)

      Delete
    2. Interesting, and very delicious-looking! :) Thanks for the response!
      Shani

      Delete
  3. This is not about the brownies but they look awesome (I am giving up sugar :( so I won't get to taste 'em. But, I wanted to say GORGEOUS photo in your header. What a spectacular shot of the mountains! I'd love to do a painting of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gluten free? We just found out the reason for so many health problems is gluten allergies. It would be such a blessing to find this today. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made them with only 1 cup of honey and substituted with peanut butter (I got natural peanut butter at the salvage store for 1.99 for a 16 oz jar)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came out fabulous, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were SO wonderful! I've pinned them and we've tried them 3 times now! I also am blogging about our favorite grain-free desserts and am going to list this as one of our favorites...with a link back to you also. :) Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub