What a Week on the Homestead!


I haven’t been blogging this week because life has just been way to busy! 




The week began with Tobin & I celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. We did not do anything special to celebrate due to a lot going on and the fact that he had work that night. But that was ok, we did a bit of reminiscing on our wonderful years together and the blessings from our Lord.


 


For the entire week I have had 5 teenage boys in the house (I don't seem to have a lot of teenager clipart..  but I had to laugh, these boys have been in our life for a long time [the extra 3 that is.. goes without saying my boys have been in my life since the beginning :) ] and this piece of clipart is how I still think of them! LOL) . This has definitely kept me hopping I tell you! My son Jacob had his best friend, Andy, come and visit from Phoenix. He arrived on Sunday. Andy and his family use to be our neighbors and the boys met when they were around 8 years old. A few years ago the family moved to Phoenix.  Two other friends joined Jacob, Andy and Isaac for the week. They have had a great time together and I have been busy trying to keep 5 teenage appetites satisfied and keep my house under control at the same time LOL ~smile~

On the 4th of July we hosted a big BBQ for about 25 people. Oh my goodness, that was a lot of fun. Good food, good friends, lots of kids, lots of fireworks. Here are a few pics from our day together..


This was not everyone..  I never was able to get a big group shot.. 


Dune buggy rides...


While waiting for fireworks to get underway some were playing cards...


Me and my best friend Sarah...


Roasting marshmallows around the campfire...



 

Aww...  the s'more  ..  what campfire would be complete without one...


Enjoying the campfire..


Sierra and her best buddy Anna...



On top of it all I am happy to report that summer has finally started here in the PNW! Heat and sun are here to stay for a bit now! My garden has been totally neglected this week so today aside from keeping those 5 teenage boys fed and monitored.. I plan to get into my garden and weed and get my watering system set up.

That is all from the homestead for now.. more to come…


 
 

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary! Hope your summer is not as hot as it is in SC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is! :) and we don't get the humidity.. A friend of mine moved to SC from here and told me the heat was MELTING!! :D

      Crystal :)

      Delete
  2. We have been so hot and dry that we could not do the fireworks here this year. The city even cancelled. Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub