Avocado Tomato and Mango Salsa


I made this today to go with our dinner which was Green Chile Pork (another post to come). This salsa is amazing! It tastes so fresh and good. I plan to make it again and again. I ran out of my canned salsa from last summer’s garden and thought it was time to experiment with a few fresh salsa recipes and this one tastes so summery .. :) Perfect this time of year.

Here is the recipe…


Avocado Tomato and Mango Salsa


1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
4 medium tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped red onion

Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Mix up well and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.



Gather together ingredients (I made a double batch of the above recipe) …




Chop and put all ingredients and put in a bowl ..




Stir it up….




Refrigerate for 30 minutes (at least) to blend flavors. Serve with tacos, chips, meat, or anything that suits your fancy.. it is yummy….



Comments

  1. have you ever made this to can? I am desperately trying to find a tomato mango salsa recipe to can. My daughter and I love the Costco one that they sell and we are trying to duplicate it to preserve over the winter. But we can either find mango ones, tomato ones or tomato mango ones like yours that is to be eaten fresh. I have just come across your site as I googled for the recipe... great site :)

    Sally from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sally.. No, I've never canned this one, just made it fresh. I would think the recipe would have to be tweaked some in order to can it (not sure if there is enough acid in the recipe).. Good luck on finding one.. we love the Costco one too!! THis was my copy cat (kind of :) of the Costco version..

      Crystal :)

      Delete
    2. Sally.. I had this on my mind now (I guess I love a good challenge.. and it sounds like something I would like to make :) I found this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/peach-tomato-salsa-384700

      It is for peach salsa, but I would just sub mangos for the peaches.. Just a thought..

      Crystal :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub