Homestead Kitchen: Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa over Brown Rice

Friday’s here on the Homestead Blogger is the Homestead Kitchen Day.  So I like to share any new recipes I have made during the week.


 


 


Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa over Brown Rice


 


Admittedly, kielbasas are not the healthiest foods to eat.  But every now and again I get a desire for some.  I buy mine at Costco because they are the best tasting, at leas in my opinion. 


 


This recipe can be simmered on the stove or it can be put in the crockpot.  Either way it is yummy. 


 


2 lbs. kielbasa or so, I never really measure them out


1 cup Sucanat


4 to 6 T spicy mustard, I use Grey Poupon


2 or 3 green onions, sliced


 


Begin by slicing all the kielbasa into small pieces.  Sometimes I will cut them in half the long way and then slice them. 


 


In your pot or crockpot combine the Sucanat, mustard and green onions.  If you are doing this on the stove, I turn the heat to medium low and stir until the Sucanat melts and the mustard is mixed in well.  Add the sliced kielbasa and stir to cover it all with the sauce.  If you are doing this in the crockpot stir every thing up, and then remember to come back in 15 or 20 minutes to stir again.  After that it should be fine.


 


On the stove top, turn to low and cover.  Let it simmer for 20 or so minutes, checking now and again to stir.  If in the crockpot, turn to low and let it cook about 2 ½ to 3 hours.


 


Serve over brown rice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub