Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)


So Far This Week
I was still in vacation mode for the end of last week. My hubby had 2 weeks off and then went back to work for 2 nights and then back on his weekend. The break was so nice. With him being home we did more things together and that kept me busy.

This week so far I've got the groceries in the house and have been focused on finishing up my Christmas shopping and planning our family Christmas. My husband and my son's girlfriend have to work on Christmas Eve (our traditional time to get together) so I'm planning on the 17th (the weekend before) for our family time.


On My To-Do List
Laundry
Vacuum carpets
Sweep & mop floors
Wrap a few Christmas gifts

Make vanilla extract :)


Projects I'm Working On
I found something to make for Christmas!! I like to have small gifts to give to people who come to my house or when I go to someone's house. I saw an article on how to make vanilla extract in the Instant Pot. Sooo easy. Normally you have to let the beans and vodka sit for 6 months. With the IP it can be made in 1 hour.. yay!! :) Went shopping yesterday and found the vanilla beans at Costco and then bought the vodka. I'm super excited to make this today.



Today's Weather
High of 35, low 26 ..  it's chilling down!  Feeling winter coming on.. 


The View from my Deck (or window)
It's a frosty morning and there is some snow on the mountains.  It tried to snow here yesterday but it was short lived, at least at my house. Higher up there was snow.
 



What I'm Reading
I finished the book of Deuteronomy. It was long and interesting. So many laws. But so many messages.. Remember your past, remember God's redemption, get rid of idols, don't let them into your life, write God's Word on your heart. Lessons for us as Christians to follow today.



What I'm Listening To
It's one of those quiet mornings. I hear my clock ticking, and the fire in the wood stove crackling and my hubby doing a few things around the house.


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
Keep a handle on leftovers. Managing a fridge is not easy.. ha, ha. I really dislike waste of food. Sometimes it is hard for it not to happen. Things go bad before you can eat them, you buy to much of something and it goes bad, you make a meal bigger than you can eat in a few days, etc. The key for me is to know what I have in there at all times. It's easy for things to get pushed to the back and forgotten. So I evaluate my fridge ever couple of days and search for things to use up. Sometimes I have to figure out ways to use up small amounts of things. I can add them to another meal, freeze them, make a new meal from them in some creative way.


Fitness for the Week
It has been an off week for me. I'm ok with this.. there are two ways to look at fitness... 1) pass or fail... you make plans to get fit.. you work hard at it for a time and then life throws something at you and you lose your focus.. this equals a fail.. and you give up. The second.. 2)you look at the big picture, life has it's ups and downs and changes, but your desire to improve yourself and be fit does not change.. you accept that life can be like this and you give yourself permission to have off times and this does not equal failure.. just life and reality.. I'm a number 2... In January I'll start my 3rd year of making the decision to get fit.. and in the last 2 years there has been many ups and downs.. times I excel and times I don't... the most important thing to me is simple.. NEVER GIVE UP.. keep on fighting.. keep on walking.. :)


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub