Menu Monday!




I survived last week without a menu.. :) but I've been doing menu's for so long now that I don't like the feeling of having no idea what I'm cooking every day. But, it was a good opportunity to be creative!

I had about 3#'s of potatoes that needed to be used up. They were starting to grow eyes and few felt slightly soft. I also had about ¾ of a pound of bacon in the fridge that was an open package and thought potato soup sounded good. I used my IP to make it and it was delish. I have pics I took and will try and get it posted with my super easy recipe later this week.


I also took a 2# pork roast and sliced into thick slices, layed it in my IP and liberaly sprinkled it with Cajun seasonings (Tony Chaceries brand) a little salt, pepper and garlic. I added about 1 ½ cups of water and pressure cooked it for about 10 minutes. When it was done I shred it into chunky pieces. We used this to make pork sandwiches and wraps and used it to top salads.


The other meal I made was my own rendition of Summer Pasta in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (IP). Normally this is made in a pot on the stove. You put chicken broth, chicken (raw), veggies (onions, tomatoes, greens, etc) and spices in and pasta. You cook everything at the same time, drain and serve. It is an easy dish as it is but it turned out way more flavorful and the chicken much more moist doing it the IP.  However I had to more water in there then the pasta could absorb so it was more soupy but still good! 

Anyway.. now on to this week and my menu...

Tonight we are eating up the leftover Summer Pasta. I made that on Sunday. I'll serve some french bread with it and a salad.


Pizza Bread & Tomato Soup
I plan on taking pizza crust dough, rolling it out and filling it with pepperoni and cheese and rolling it up (cinnamon roll style) and baking it (basically just my pepperoni bread recipe made with pizza dough.. LOL). I'll serve this with homemade tomato soup and a salad.


Asian Chicken Tacos
Sounds different, I'm sure it will be :) But every now and again it's nice to add a new twist to a favorite. Here is my plan, cook up some chicken thighs or breasts in my IP with Asian spices and shred it up. Fill corn tortillas with the meat, chopped red and green cabbage (mixed up with a little Asian flavored dressing), and top with some chopped up cilantro. I'll post the recipe and how to's if it turns out. Not sure yet what I'll serve with it. Rice would be traditional or maybe some egg rolls or ??? I'll have to wait to see what seems the best when I get there.


Sausage Rice Pilaf
I typically make this meal by frying up my sausage and veggies while my rice cooks and then mixing them together. Nowadays I do it all in the IP. It is a family favorite meal. I'll serve a veggie some biscuits along side.


That should do it for the week! How's your menu planning coming along this week?



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub