Instant Pot Potato, Corn & Bacon Chowder





Oh this was good!! I just kind of put this together as I was going along. I had about 3# of potatoes that needed to be used up and about 3/4# bacon in my fridge. The measurements are simply based on what I had. The end result was eaten up in no time at all!

I peeled and cut up my potatoes, fried up the bacon and then put everything in my IP...

 
I let this cook on "manual" for 10 minutes and did a natural pressure release for about 10 minutes and then did a quick release of the pressure after that.  I used a potato masher to mash up some of the potatoes to thicken the soup.

Then added the cream and it was ready to serve...

If the chowder is to thick for your preference, add more cream.  If it is to thin, mash up a few more of the potatoes. 

Perfect meal for cold winter evening.
 


Potato, Corn & Bacon Chowder for the Instant Pot

This recipe could easily be made on the stove top as well or the crockpot. The IP just made the whole process much quicker and infused all these wonderful flavors much better as well, in my opinion :)

3# potatoes, peeled can cut up
1 can corn, drained
¾ # of bacon, cut up and fried until crisp
3 cups water (or chicken broth)
2t salt (you can omit if using chicken broth)
½ to 1t pepper
1t garlic
1 cup cream or half n half

Put everything except the cream (or half n half) in the Instant Pot. Put the lid on, set the sealing knob to “Seal”. Select “manual” and set the time for 10 minutes.

When cooking time is done let it sit for about 10 minutes then release any remaining pressure.

Open the lid. Use a potato masher to mash up some of the potatoes to thicken the broth. Add the cream, stir.. serve with some thick slices of toasted french bread and enjoy!


 

Comments

  1. Oh, this sounds SO good on a snowy wintery day ;) And I have potatoes in the same situation as yours, LOL. This is going on the stove for the day, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub