Menu Monday!





When life throws you a curve ball.. you just roll with it!! :) Last week we made an overnight trip to visit my in laws up north and my son came home later in the week with a cold. So the menu changed. The philly cheesesteak sandwiches did not get made and the planned ham and bean soup became a big pot of chicken soup to battle his cold and hopefully help prevent the rest of us from catching it. I made it from a whole chicken I had in the freezer. I'll be sharing how I did this in tomorrow's blog post.

So that brings me to this week. I'm going to put off making the ham and bean soup. My ham bone will wait just fine in the freezer until I'm ready, maybe next week, we will see.

Here is what I'm tentatively planning for the week..



I made the Korean Pork on Sunday and tonight we have leftovers, so Monday is all set and ready to go.


Cheddar Bacon Chicken
Sometimes I see recipes online that appeals to me. But then I see changes that I'd make for various reasons such as personal taste, I know what will appeal to my family and what won't, etc. This is one of those. I'm making it up as I go along :). I'll share it with you if I like the way it turns out. I'm going to serve it with potatoes of some sort (I'll figure that out the day I make it) and a salad.


Split Pea Soup
I love split pea soup. As fall time comes I start thinking soup more often. And this is a favorite around here. I'll add bacon or sausage to it and serve it with garlic bread and a salad.


Taco Pie
This is easy to make. Brown the hamburger, add salsa and salt & pepper. Put in a baking dish, top with tortilla chips and cheese and bake until it's hot and bubbly. I don't have this recipe written down yet. I'll share it soon!


That should take care of it for the week, providing the week goes according to plan.. but we shall see..

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub