Fall Baking: Skillet Apple Fritter Cake


I made this cake last weekend. It was SOOOO good!! The recipe comes from my dear sweet friend Laurie Bostwick. She has a great blog, Successful Homemakers. Take a minute to check it out.

Laurie and I have been friends for 12 years now. We met online all those years ago on a Yahoo Group. We bonded instantly. Had so many things in common! Even our husbands had similar names. My husband's name is, Tobin. Her husband's name is Toby. We both homeschooled and had an interest in homesteading. We both loved being a mama and wife and were thankful to be homemakers. Today we still have a strong friendship and are planning a meet up one day soon so we can give each other a big ol hug in person.

This recipe came from her. She is an awesome cook and baker. When I saw this recipe I just knew I had to try it. And I was not disappointed.


It has a layer of apple filling, covered by cake and glazed at the end.


I dished it up with vanilla ice cream and my family was beyond happy!!
 

The only change I made was that I baked her cake in a 9x13 pan instead of a cast iron skillet.  I did not have one that was big enough for the cake. 


You can find Laurie's recipe here: http://successfulhomemakers.com/skillet-apple-fritter-cake/

But please take the time to enjoy all her blog has to offer.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub