Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Favorite Memories
(in no particular order)


 


1. Sitting on the back of the couch at my grandparents putting curlers in my grandpas very sparse hair.. he just sat there reading the paper and watching the news.  I was about 4 years old.


 


2. Going with my big sister (10 years older than me) to the lake to swim in the summer


 


3. Finally delivering my firstborn child after many hours of labor!


 


4. Holding my 8th baby Isaac for the first time while I was in ICU and so thankful we were both alive


 


5. Tobin and I spending a weekend in Las Vegas alone.. 


 


6. Baking bread for the first time with my mother (which was a big deal.. she rarely baked anything).


 


7. Going to work with my dad one hot summer day. He bought me ice cream on the way home.


 


8. Camping with my husband and (then) 2 children right next to a beautiful lake..


 


9. Taking a picture of my 8 children last year next to the Christmas tree.  I knew as they are growing now that it may be the last Christmas for awhile that I am able to get them all together at the same time


 


10. Watching my 12 year old son drive a motor boat all by himself at the lake we were at earlier this month.. made me realize he is not a little boy, but growing up to be a man


 


11. Finding the fort my 3 youngest children had made..  They used about 5 rolls of toilet paper..  (they were 8 years old and under)..   I had to give them some credit for being creative with limited resources..  but they had a big mess to clean up!   


 


12. Hugging my oldest son good bye before he left for boot camp


 


13. Not long ago I watched my teenage daughters laugh, joke and enjoy each others company.. put a smile on my face

Comments

  1. Crystal,

    This is very touching and I love it. Thanks for sharing these memories, I so much enjoyed reading them.

    Blessings my friend,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub