Wednesday on the Homestead

Today is wet and rainy out.  I canÂ’t complain too much because it is a nice change from the cold weather we were having.  No more breaking the ice in water buckets down at the barn.


 


When is spring going to be here anyway??  I am done now with winter!


 


Yesterday our 50 new baby chicks arrived.  We spent time trying to get the brooder warm enough for them.  Finally last night we got it worked out and they were looking pretty happy by the time we went to bed.  I will be posting pics of the chicks later today!  


 


I was also watching friendÂ’s children, who were so well behaved and just played with my children.  I hardly knew they were here.  


 


Today will be a day at home, which sounds perfect to me.  I have soap to make, and laundry to catch up on.  Two of my children need to catch up on their school work.  Since it is grey and wet out we will have plenty of incentive for staying inside and getting things done.


 


Leanne has a skirt pattern to cut out.  Emily made a skirt yesterday.  I bought this adorable skirt pattern from the Newark Dressmakers Supply.  The skirt pattern was called:  Cute Skirt Pattern.  Not only is it cute it is very, very easy to make!  Plus there were different options with the pattern so you each time you make a skirt it can have a different look.  I will post a pic of EmilyÂ’s skirt later today. 



 


Emily is starting breakfast for us all.  She is making Jonathan's Dutch Babies.  We call them that because my son-in-law Jonathan is the one who gave us the recipes.  This was a favorite breakfast of his when he was young. 



 


Here is the "Jonathan's Dutch Babies" recipe:


 


6 eggs


1 ½ cups milk


1 ½ cups whole wheat flour


 


Beat eggs, add milk and flour.  Beat until smooth.  Heat oven to 425 degrees. While the oven is heating up put cube of butter into a 9x13 pan and put in the over to melt and let the pan get hot.  Watch so the butter does not burn.  When the pan is hot and butter melted, pour the batter into the pan and return it to the preheated oven.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  Sprinkle with powdered Sucanat and serve warm with real maple syrup. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 


Dinner tonight is going to be something easy..  pork chops, mac and cheese, salad and maybe some dessert. 


 


Now it is time for me to get on with the business of the day!! 

Comments

  1. Have a great day Crystal :) Love that rain!!!!!!


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't leave comments all that often, but when i saw the pic of your daughter and her skirt I just had to say something, she looks so pretty in it, I love it I am going to attempt to make one for my daughter, its young, cute, sylish, sweet, and presentably at the same time, good job Leanne!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub