Grocery Haul for Two and Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas





This week we did not need anything from Costco. It was a quick and easy grocery trip to Winco...



Veggies and fruit were a big portion of the haul. I still had lettuce left from last week so decided to get a bag of spinach to add to our salads. I was planning on making the oven baked chicken fajitas and already had a green pepper in the fridge so I purchased a red and orange pepper and some cilantro for the recipe.

For dairy I bought the typical milk and half-n-half and I also got a small package of cheddar cheese slices for sandwiches and a container of parmesan cheese and a small container of sour cream.

I'm able to eat cereal now so picked up a box of raisin bran. I have a hard time with milk still (hubby drinks it mostly) and bought a box of almond coconut milk. I love that stuff. Goes great on cereal. Also I use it with Instant Breakfast. I know they are not the healthiest but for right now it's something I can consume easily and gives me some needed calories.

The miscellaneous items are tortilla chips (they were on sale), some coconut oil pan spray which I like to have on hand, a package of sausage for the freezer and a birthday cake (all the way to the right). It was the day after my birthday but we picked it up to enjoy anyway :).

This weeks grand total in groceries from Winco was: $48.00


Now for the recipe to share. On my post Menu Monday I shared a link to a recipe that turned out fantastic. I sent the link to one of my daughters and she made and loved it! So I knew I had to share it with you..

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

This recipe met my current guidelines: 1) easy to make 2) tastes good  3) fairly easy on the budget

Not bad guidelines if you ask me! Ha, ha.. :)

You can find the recipe HERE

I started out by mixing the spices together. My daughter later said she wanted to make this recipe a regular rotation in her menu and thought it would make the meal a little quicker to put together if she mixed up several batches of spices so it was ready to go. I liked that idea...




Then I thinly sliced the green, red and orange pepper. I also sliced a medium size onion. I used about 1 ½ lbs chicken thighs (the recipe calls for breasts, I prefer thighs and it worked just fine) and cut them into thin strips. I lined a large baking pan with parchment paper (for easy clean up) and put my veggies and chicken on the pan...



I sprinkled the spice mix over every thing and mixed it up well and sprinkled lime juice over it.



I baked it in the oven according to the recipe directions. It turned out perfect...



To serve I warmed up flour tortillas in the microwave (you can also do it in a frying pan) and filled them with the fajita mix. I topped it with salsa and sour cream and cilantro (but realized I had not put the cilantro on before I took the pic). I served it with spinach greens on the side. All I can say is .. it was delish!




That's all for this week's Friday in the Kitchen!

Comments

  1. I made these so good and so easy. I'm glad you are feeling better. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) They are easy and good! I'll be making them again for sure..
      Crystal :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub