Menu Monday!




It is one of those weeks where I seem to be out or running out of everything. Grocery shopping is high on my list! I've been making a list for the last several days writing down everything I've either run out of or am about to run out of. Funny how that works sometimes.

My menu for the week is fairly basic. I have family coming to visit by the end of the week so I'm planning an extra meal to make sure I have all I need.

Tonight we are having leftover bbq chicken legs, coleslaw and macaroni salad that I made yesterday. The rest of the week is looking like this:


Pot Roast Dinner
I have a beef pot roast in my freezer that I want to use up (oh the things I find when I reorganize my freezer! Ha, ha). I'll serve this with carrots and potatoes of course and either green beans or a salad.


Honey Garlic Chicken
This is a recipe I found on the internet. I'll check it out first and see what I think and share it if we happy with it. It sounds pretty good to me. I plan on serving it with rice and broccoli.


Chili
Rainy days in the forecast call for a nice pot of chili. I'll either make corn bread or serve tortilla chips on the side. And a nice green salad.


Sweet Pork Tacos
OK, this is a recipe that has been floating around the internet for a while now. It uses Coke. I am not a fan of recipes that use soda pop.. but I've heard so many rave reviews on this and how wonderful it is that I am going to give it a try. It actually sounds like a nice change from hamburger tacos. I'll serve it with all the typical trimmings and probably pick up some avocados as well to either serve on the tacos or make some guacamole.

That should be plenty of meals for the week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub