Menu Monday!




We are having some beautiful weather here in the PNW and that makes my Monday even better. I have a walk and garden work in my plans for today. It will be raining again in a couple of days and I figure it would be better to do my grocery shopping then.

Tonight's dinner will reflect the fact that I'll be outside most of the day! :) I have some orange chicken and egg rolls in the freezer (thanks to Costco) and either some fruit or a salad will go with this.. I'll figure that part out when I get there.

Last week I tried something new to me. I made cream cheese. It turned out good but not quite what I wanted so I'll be tweaking it and trying again soon. In the mean time I had a huge amount of cream cheese to use up. So instead of one of my planned meals I made alfredo sauce with meatballs, it turned out yummy. This week I plan to share my cream cheese making with you.
 

For now here is the plan for the rest of the week..


Ham & Cheese Bread, tomato soup
This was on the menu last week and did not get made. It is a variation from my pepperoni bread recipe. I'll use ham and cheddar cheese instead. I have some tomato soup base that I canned up last summer and plan to use that to go with the bread. And of course I like to add fresh veggies to most meals so a green salad or a veggie platter will also be on the menu.


Crockpot chicken & stuffing
This is a recipe I found on the internet. Looked simple, quick and easy. It does use boxed stuffing which I rarely use but every now and again it can make life run a bit more smooth. I'll serve green beans on the side. I'll share it if it turns out good.


BBQ chicken legs
I guess this warm weather streak has me thinking summer like foods. So baking a pan of chicken legs w/bbq sauce and serving baked beans and macaroni salad with it sounds like the perfect summer time meal. It will probably be raining the day I make this, but it will keep me hopeful that summer is just around the corner.


That should do it for this week!!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub