Menu Monday!




Happy Monday! Time for a fresh start to the week. I'm probably among a small group of people who actually like Monday! :)

Here's a recap of last week's meals..

I started the  week with a lot of leftovers.  We had leftovers on Monday and by Tuesday I still had about 3 servings left and I was ready to move on.  I froze those servings in individual serving size containers.  Hubby will take them to work or we'll eat them after it's been a couple weeks.  

So, on Tuesday I made my Asian Potsticker Chicken Soup.  I love this stuff. It's basically chicken noodle soup only I use potstickers instead of noodles and add a little Yoshida's Sauce into the soup to give it that Asian taste.


 On Wednesday Hubby was ready for a BBQ.  I pulled a couple steaks out of the freezer and we BBQ'd those in the rain, ha, ha! :) We were nicely sheltered under the carport and enjoyed it.




We had the leftover steak for Thursday nights dinner again and on Friday I made sausage, cabbage and noodles.  It's a fast meal to put together.  I used Aidell's sausages but kielbasa would work, or even Jimmy Dean ground sausage would be good. 

I chopped up a small onion, a few mushrooms and used up the rest of the cabbage I had in the fridge.  I started by frying up the onions and mushrooms. When they started to get soft I added the sausage and then the cabbage.  While that was cooking I boiled 6oz of egg noodles and drained them. I added the noodles to the sausage and cabbage and stirred it up and served it.  




I salt and peppered it to taste and served it with that awesome sauerkraut I got from Costco. 

Over the weekend I realized I still had a little chili left from last week so we ate that and the sausage and noodle leftovers. 




Now onto this weeks plan..


Monday:  Spaghetti & Meatballs.  I have the meatballs in the freezer and the sauce and spaghetti noodles in the pantry.  I'll serve it with french bread and a salad.
 

Tuesday: Split Pea Soup - I've had this on my menu for the last 2 weeks and it's been bumped off by either changes to the menu or leftovers.  But I'm ready for a yummy pot of soup. 


Wednesday: Rotisserie Chicken, roasted broccoli, potatoes of some sort (I'll see what appeals to me on that day).  If I can't get out to do my grocery shopping on Wednesday (due to snow and storms) then I'll make some air fryer fried chicken instead.

Thursday:  Leftovers

 
Friday:  Baked pork chops & gravy, brown rice , salad.  
 

Saturday: Leftovers


Sunday: Meatloaf, macaroni & cheese, salad
 

That should do it for us. Hope you have a great week!

Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub