Chicken Bacon Spaghetti



Oh my gosh this was good!  I enjoyed it and it was very much 'husband approved' :)

You will find the recipe at the bottom of this post. 

I started making this recipe by getting my pasta going and baking my bacon. If I'm going to use the bacon in a recipe I will bake it in the oven. If I'm going to use to go with breakfast I cook it in cast iron. It's just a personal taste preference. 

To bake the bacon I laid it out on a tray lined with parchment paper.  I don't worry about it overlapping.




 Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 25 minutes depending on your desired thickness.  And for this recipe you will want it fairly crisp.

When the bacon has finished cooking put it on a plate lined with a napkin or paper towel to absorb the fat and let it cool for a bit. 


  


Now you can put it in your food processor and let it do the crumbling for you. It makes it a very easy process.      






While the bacon is cooking (and the pasta boiling) you can cook your chicken and onions. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and the onions are soft.  Add the seasonings and set this aside. 

 


 In a large frying pan (or soup pot) set on medium high heat melt the butter.  When the butter has melted add the cream cheese.. 




Stir until everything is well combined... 


Add the parmesan cheese..



Now it's time to combine everything.  Add the chicken, the bacon and your drained pasta..



Stir well and it's ready to serve with a nice green salad and french bread.  Enjoy!  

 

 
 *************************




Chicken Bacon Spaghetti

½ lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut up into bite size pieces
½ medium onion, cut up
4 oz cream cheese, room temp and cut into cubes for easier melting
6T butter
1t granulated garlic
1t Italian seasonings
salt & pepper, to taste
Whole milk
Parmesan cheese
6 to 8 oz spaghetti noodles or angel hair pasta, cooked and drained


I like to start by getting my pasta cooking. That way when I'm done putting the rest of the recipe together my pasta has cooked and I've drained it.

Heat a frying pan to medium high. Add chicken and onion. You can sprinkle the chicken with your desired amount of salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and onion is soft. Set aside

In a large frying pan or smaller soup pot, heat to medium high. Add butter and let it melt. Add cream cheese. Stir to combine and melt. Add granulated garlic, Italian seasonings and salt & pepper. Add whole milk, a little at a time until your sauce thins out. This is basically an Alfredo sauce and I like to leave mine a little on the thicker side. After the sauce is well combined turn off burner and add a small handful of Parmesan cheese (fresh is the best, in my opinion, but the type in the bottle/jar will work too). I didn't measure but would guess about ¼ cup.

In the pan with the sauce add the chicken, the cooked and crumbled bacon. And stir. Now add your cooked and drained pasta. Combine well and serve.

I like to serve this with french bread and salad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub