Menu Monday!




Good morning friends! It's Monday and I have another week of meals ready to share with you. My hope is that it gives you some inspiration for your weekly menu planning.

Monday: Baked spaghetti, french bread, salad. I had spaghetti on my menu last week. I finally got it made on Sunday. It was supposed to be earlier in the week but I had enough leftovers from previous meals that I didn't need to make it until Sunday. I decided last minute to put a different twist on my spaghetti and made a 9x13 pan of baked spaghetti. I didn't follow a recipe, I kind of just winged it. I'll be sharing what I did soon. As for today I still have lots of it leftover. I also plan on putting a few individual servings of it in the freezer.

Tuesday: Pork tacos w/all the trimmings. Pork is inexpensive and I have a few pork roasts (shoulder/butt roasts) in the freezer. I'm trying out various ways to use it. I'll cook it up in my Instant Pot (but it could just as easily be cooked in the crockpot) with a few seasonings such as chili powder and cumin. When it's done I plan to shred it and heat it up with a little liquid from cooking and some taco seasonings.

Wednesday: Chicken pot pie. As the weather cools the approaching fall has me thinking about comfort foods. I'll serve it with a nice salad and maybe some roasted veggies on the side.

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Chicken chili, cornbread, salad. I have chicken breast fillets in the freezer and thought this would be a good use for some of them. Here is my recipe for that (although since I'm cooking for 2 now I may cut the recipe in half or freeze half for a later meal. The other option is to use the smaller amount of beans to reduce the volume of chili. I'll figure it out when I get there :) ...

Crockpot Chicken Chili
 1 can of olives, sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup salsa
2 cups frozen corn
2 #’s chicken
4 to 6 cups cooked white beans + 1 cup reserved (from cooking the beans) bean broth OR 2 to 3 cans of navy beans (drained) + 1 cup chicken broth
8oz cream cheese
1T chili powder
2t cumin

Put all ingredients  in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the chicken is done. Remove the chicken and shred. Add it back into the crockpot. Stir everything up and serve.

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: I'm not sure if I'll need another meal this week or not. If I do I plan to make potato soup and serve it with garlic toast and salad.

Hope you have a great week!

Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub