Grocery Haul for Two and Baked Spaghetti




Good morning and happy Friday! Hope you've had a great week. I had a fun time grocery shopping with my daughter and grandchildren this week. I love spending time with them. I was happy that despite the sweet distraction of 4 little ones talking to me while shopping I only forgot 1 item. But it was my half & half! Ha, ha!! but I'm surviving with whole milk and some non dairy coffee creamer. So all is well. :)

My first stop was Costco...




I needed to restock my cheese. I was planning on pizza and needed more mozzarella cheese and I was out of cheddar. I also purchased an Asian Cashew salad kit that was sooo good! If you shop at Costco I recommend it. I also bought romaine hearts, mayo, flour tortillas and sausage patties. 

 
And I seem to do this often.. I'm putting away the groceries and realize I forgot to add something to my picture. It was coffee, must have my coffee! :)


My total for Costco this week was $70



The next stop was Winco..


I purchased the regular apples, oranges and bananas, and my veggies for the week: cabbage (both red and green), spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, mini peppers and carrots. I bought a half gallon of milk, a couple yogurts, a box of almond coconut milk, a box of cashew milk, non dairy creamer (butter toffee and it's delish! :), a can of spaghetti sauce and a pound of Jimmy Dean sausage.



I couldn't fit it all into one pic.. in the bulk section picked up 2 types of brown rice pasta and some navy beans.

My total for Winco was $42


My grand total for the week was: $112


I was going to add up my weekly average for this post but I'm running out of time at the moment. I will get this done in the next few days and share the numbers next week. 

********************** 


Baked Spaghetti

I like spaghetti but it never seems like my first choice for a meal. It's usually because I want something quick and easy. I recently decided to make a little twist on the traditional and try baked spaghetti. We both really enjoyed it.




Baked Spaghetti
8oz spaghetti noodles (I used angel hair pasta)
1# hamburger
1 small onion, chopped
1 jar or can (24oz approx) spaghetti sauce
2T butter
6 to 8oz of greek yogurt or sour cream **See Note
2 cups grated cheese, mozzarella or cheddar or a combo of both

In a stock pot cook noodles according to directions on the package. While the pasta is cooking heat a frying pan and add hamburger and chopped onion. Cook hamburger until no longer pink and onion is soft. Drain any grease as needed. Add spaghetti sauce, stir and set aside.

When the noodles have finished cooking drain and put in a large mixing bowl. Add butter and mix around to melt and coat them. Add the greek yogurt or sour cream and mix in well. Add the cheese (reserving a little of it for the top) and mix.

Now pour in your spaghetti sauce and combine well. Put in a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle reserved cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 30 to 45 minutes or until all is hot and bubbly and the top has browned nicely.

Serve with french bread and some veggies.

**NOTE: Greek yogurt typically comes in 6oz containers and sour cream comes in 8oz containers. Either one will work for this recipe



That's all for this week's Grocery Haul!

Comments

  1. Your groceries made me hungry! Especially that creamer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laura! The creamer has been so good! Not healthy for sure, but you know.. you can't always be perfect.. LOL 😀

      Delete
    2. We tried it tonight. My husband said it was okay, but he'd rather have peppermint mocha or french vanilla. It doesn't hurt to try new things though. You're right. Not healthy, but I had lots of veggies in my cart, too! Aldi had spaghetti squash for $.69 each today!
      Be blessed Crystal, I'm glad to know you even from afar.
      Laura

      Delete
    3. That is an incredible price for the squash. I love spaghetti squash. My favorite way to have a mocha is to add a packet of cocoa mix to my coffee. I'll add a drop of peppermint extract to get a peppermint mocha! :D .. I'm very glad to know you to Laura!
      Crystal

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub