Easy Salmon Fillets



I only had a vague idea what I wanted to do with my salmon last week. In the past I've not made a whole lot of seafood and fish. It was just too expensive when feeding a large family. Today it fits better with our budget and it tastes so good!

I only wanted wild caught salmon, not farmed salmon. I found what I was looking for at Costco...



It is very nice for cooking small amounts. It is a 2lb package and each piece of fish is individually wrapped making it handy to just pull out what you need.


I used about 1 ½ lbs of fish, which was 4 pieces.



I cut up a small onion and a few mushrooms and sautéed these in a large frying pan in a bit of olive oil until they were just starting to soften. Then I put the fillets in the frying pan and sprinkled them with salt and pepper...



I let them cook for about 5 minutes and turned them over...



I fried them for another 3 or 4 minutes and poured on a little Italian dressing and let it cook another 2 or 3 minutes and turned over again.. to make sure they were done.


I served them with brussel sprouts and garlic bread for a very easy and quick meal that tasted amazing!


Easy Salmon Fillets

1 small onion, sliced
3 or 4 mushrooms, sliced
2 to 3T olive oil
1 to 1 ½lbs salmon fillets
salt & pepper to taste
¼ cup Italian salad dressing


In a large frying pan sautee onion and mushrooms in olive oil until they just begin to get soft. Lay salmon fillets on veggies in frying pan. Let cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn salmon fillets over. Allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour Italian salad dressing over fillets and let the salmon cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the fish flakes and is cooked all the way through.

Serve and enjoy!!



 

Comments

  1. Looks great. We have been using your 2-week budget menu (with the shopping list) and have really enjoyed it. I canned, froze, and dehydrated a lot of food from the garden/farmer's market and even with those items missing from the grocery list each time I go, I still spend my allotted amount.I make about 70% of our food from scratch (condiments included). It's frustrating how prices just keep going up, esp organic or items not saturated with chemicals. BTW, taco soup was a hit also, I made corn tortillas, cut and fried them in tallow to make corn chips in place of crackers. Thanks for all your posts. I enjoy stopping by your site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub