Homestead Holidays: Christmas Dinner Menu





I’ve had lots of different ideas for Christmas dinner. I’ve thought of doing things I’ve done in the past, new ideas, new recipes, etc. We don’t really have a traditional meal we always make. However I like to make things that are simple and not require a lot of time in the kitchen because I’d rather be enjoying my time with my family. So after much discussion with one of my daughters this is my menu:

Pork loin roast, covered in bacon and roasted (I’ll cook this in my roaster oven to leave my oven available)
Garlic roasted new potatoes
Sweet potatoes

Salad: I’ll be purchasing a salad mix from Costco that I’ve bought before really enjoy. It has a mix of many types of greens as well as dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds
24 hour fruit salad: this is one recipe that makes it appearance at least once during the holiday season
French bread
Dessert:
cookies (the recipes I’ve posted recently), homemade fudge and peanut butter fudge

We will have our main dinner on Christmas Eve. That is the time I’ll have most all of my family here and friends as well. On Christmas day I’ll still have some family members here and a friend of my son’s that is here visiting. Our Christmas Day breakfast menu will be 2 recipes that will be new to me:

Breakfast casserole
Blueberry coffeecake
Fruit platter


What is on your Christmas menu?

 

Comments

  1. Sounds good! We're having Fresh turkey, cornbread stuffing, kale salad, homemade rolls, and reindeer cupcakes. You can see the reindeer cupcakes at the top right side of my blog! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! I made a turkey that I put in a brine of salt, brown sugar, molasses, lemon, garlic, onion and rosemary for 2 days....it was the first time I did this and it was so juicy! We had stuffing with the turkey and I did a ham in the slow cooker. I also made roasted root vegetables and a root veggie gratin, mashed potato, bacon brussel sprouts, broc/cauliflower casserole, coleslaw, broccoli salad, Caesar salad, dips (hummus, spinach, salsa), lemon merengue, mincemeat and pumpkin pies and a sweet tray.....it was fun, but exhausting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub