Grocery Haul for Two and Snowball Cookies




Happy Friday! I hope you've had a great week. This week on my grocery haul I only had to stop at Costco and pick up a few things.

We were blessed with a big bag of Cuties and a bunch of bananas from my hubby's work. They had leftover items from a Christmas party. We also got one pizza which we ate last week.

I also had a few apples left and oranges from the big box we purchased a couple weeks ago. I was all set for fruit and only needed a few veggies but of course ended up with a bit more..


They were demoing little smokies and I picked up a package of those, spinach for salads, grape tomatoes, Pub Mix some baguettes and a rotisserie chicken.

And this is how you know my hubby was with me (Ha, ha!!)...


He couldn't resist the crab cakes that were on sale and they were sampling the cream puffs so both ended up in the cart.. ;)


I picked up a few non food items too..


Parchment paper is the most amazing thing ever. I don't use a lot of it and this will probably last me a few years (the last time I bought the 2 big boxes they did last me a couple years, or more). Makes clean up so much easier.


My favorite socks were on sale. I love Puma socks. They are so soft and warm. I talked my hubby into getting some too. He's picky about his socks so we'll see if he likes them. If he doesn't I'll pass them on to one of my boys. 

 
My youngest son asked me to pick him up a box of hand warmers. The office he works in is cold and he likes to keep them in his pockets throughout his day. Those moments when he's not on the computer he has a warm spot for his hands. He came by and picked them up and was very happy. 

 

My total for groceries this week from Costco: $66

Grand total for groceries this week: $66


****************


Snowball Cookies

Christmas and Snowball Cookies just go hand in hand for me. They were a staple at my grandma's house every holiday season.  


 
 
Snowball Cookies

1 cup butter
½ cup powdered sugar
1t vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
¼ t salt

Using a mixer combine butter & powdered sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla and mix until smooth. Add flour, nuts and salt. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet (I like to line my cookie sheets with parchment paper). Bake for 15 minutes 350. Let them cool for a few minutes but while still warm roll them in powdered sugar and place a cooling rack. After they have completely cooled, roll in powdered sugar once again.

Enjoy!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub