Menu Monday!




After doing a freezer inventory and reorganization I am reminded of my love/hate relationship with a chest freezer. I love the fact that they can hold more than an upright, I love the fact that they keep the food frozen better than an upright (when you open the door of an upright freezer it cools more surface area, at least this is what I've read). But I hate the fact that so much can fall to the bottom and be forgotten. I've tried several different methods to keep it organized but still eventually end up with the same problem. If anyone has a sure method of keep a chest freezer organized, let me know! :)

In my discoveries I found I still have a lot of meat to use up and it's a slow process because there are only 2 of us to eat up the food.

I'm starting with a 3# pork shoulder roast. I'm going to cook it and turn it into 4 meals. At least that is the plan. We'll see how it goes. I did this same idea with a whole chicken a couple weeks ago. I wrote a blog post on what I did that will be posted later this week.

In the meantime I still did not get my sour cream enchiladas made and I have the sour cream in the fridge and want to use it before it's to late. So that is how my week is starting off.

Monday: Sour cream chicken enchiladas. A big green salad, fresh fruit along with chips & salsa will round out the meal.

Tuesday: BBQ and once again I'll let hubby decide if he wants to do burgers or steak. I'll make some potato salad or macaroni salad to go with this. I have a bunch of cucumbers that a neighbor gave me and will make a cucumber salad as well.

Wednesday: Pork, cabbage and noodles. This is the first of my pork meals. I'll saute up the cabbage w/onions and any other veggies I desire at the time and add in some cooked noodles. This will be served with a big green salad.

Thursday: Leftovers, as I usually have plenty at this point in the week

Friday: Pork & black bean chili – again another of my pork recipes. I'll try and get all of them made on the same day and put them in the freezer to use as I plan them into the menu. I'll serve this with tortilla chips & salsa and salad.

Saturday: Meatloaf (it's time for a break from pork :) – I have one left in the freezer to use. I'll make this a simple meal and serve it with tator tots and a salad

Sunday: Sausage links and bacon fried up and served with broccoli cheesy brown rice (I'm loosely going to follow THIS recipe) and a salad.



Hope you have a great week!

Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub