Grocery Haul for Two and Lemon Butter Salmon



It was good to get back to our normal grocery haul for the two of us. The first stop was Winco..



We still have a few oranges left from buying a large box at Costco a few weeks ago so we only needed to pick up some apples and bananas for fruit. I bought a jug of vinegar for making some more pickled veggies, mustard was on sale so I picked up a couple bottles for the pantry as well as 2 cans of evaporated milk. I like to have the milk on hand for cooking if I run out of milk in the fridge. I picked up 2 boxes of nut milk. One was almond coconut milk and the other was cashew milk. I had never tried cashew milk and I can say it's delicious! There is a bag of bbq chips, cookies and bagels too.



For veggies I bought romaine hearts, a small container of spring lettuce & spinach mix and a sesame Asian salad mix that was really good. I also picked up 3 ears of corn on the cob, tomatoes, mushrooms and cucumbers, and sweet mini peppers. For my dairy I have milk, half n half, a small container of plain greek yogurt, and while it's not dairy I also have a bottle of french vanilla creamer. I had used up all my hamburger for making lasagna a few weeks back so I got 3#'s which I divided up and it's in the freezer.



The hamburger was marked down because it was at it's date so I only paid $5.61 for my 3#'s.. a good deal!

The total for my Winco haul was: $49



Next stop was Costco..


I bought a bag of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and paid just under $2.00 a pound for it. I picked up a 3 pack of lunch meat, a bag of flour tortillas, cheese slices, ranch dressing and another box of 2.4oz hummus cups (20 in the box for $6.50).

The total for Costco this week was $50.00

Grand total for this weeks groceries was: $99


********************


Lemon Butter Salmon

We enjoyed this salmon quite a bit. I buy my salmon from Costco. I always get the wild caught salmon as I think it has a lot more flavor than the farm raised. It comes with several pieces of salmon that are individually wrapped making it easy to only use what you need. For this recipe I pulled out 2 salmon steaks.. 

 


I made a lemon butter sauce first thing and then set it aside..



Lemon Butter Sauce

1T butter, melted
½ t granulated garlic (could use garlic powder or fresh garlic)
1T lemon juice
¼ cup chicken broth
1t brown sugar

Whisk all ingredients together

 

Then I sliced a small sweet onion..



Heated up my skillet to medium high with a little avocado oil and added the onions and let them soften up a little...





Then I put my salmon steaks in the pan..




I let them cook for about 5 to 7 minutes until they were done, removed them from the pan and set them aside..




In the frying pan with the onions I poured in my lemon butter sauce and whisked it around and let it boil for a minute or so..




I spooned the finished sauce and onions over my salmon...




I served it with a green salad and macaroni salad..





That's all for this week's Grocery Haul!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub