Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)


So Far This Week
What a busy week it has been. My daughter and her fiance spent 5 days with us. It was wonderful. We got to meet him and get to know him. Local family came and visited. They went and visited family as well. It was a lot fun. 



They left and my quiet house returned and life has gone back to its normal routines. And I do like that. I love my kids and time spent with them, but more and more I'm enjoying a quieter household. When the quiet returns, it is also a blessing to me.

On Sunday we celebrated my youngest child's birthday.. Isaac turned 19. It is always a sobering day for me. I have shared in past blog posts about his birth. I almost died in his birth. He was oxygen deprived for 5 minutes. He has had no effects from this, praise God. I spent many hours in life saving surgery due to a ruptured uterus, and barely made it. There is really not a day that goes by in my life that I am not grateful to the Lord for my life. I am here, today, to see my son grow, to be with my family, to experience the joy of grandchildren, to be my husbands wife. God is good... all the time.

I've spent a couple days with hubby who had things in town to do and wanted me to come with him for company and we did grocery shopping and more. I love being in a place in life where I can drop everything thing and spend time with my husband.



On My To-Do List
Today is an “at home” day. I have laundry to catch up on, I have cooking to do, I have house cleaning to do. The whole works.. :)



Projects I'm Working On
Many little projects. Now I just need some time to get them done.


Today's Weather
Right now it's very foggy out, and we have a break in the rain. But more rain is in the forecast today and all the way through to Saturday night. Is it any wonder I crave heat and sunshine! :)

High 55, Low 41



The View from my Deck (or window)
As I said, very foggy this morning! 




What I'm Reading
I finished 1st Chronicles and am now reading 2nd Chronicles.

I'm over half way done with Robinson Crusoe and I really am enjoying the book! So many interesting things to read about. Being a homesteader type I've loved how he has provided for himself on this somewhat desolate island.


What I'm Listening To
It's a quiet morning here. Hubby is sleeping in and I got the fire going this morning. I hear it crackling away and I hear my two living room clocks ticking.


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
Aww... there are weeks were it is hard to be frugal. You have family visiting and you need to feed them, care for them, provide for them.. and it is a joy, but not frugal. These are the times I am thankful that there are so many things in our life that we do as a regular part of life that are frugal. The things I've shared.. heating our hot water with our wood stove, recycling, packing my husbands lunch, making my own cleaning products or using frugal options, etc.. Life is like this and frugality is a mindset for all of life.


Fitness and Health for the Week
Oh my .. the rain.. it just keeps coming. I looked at the totals for the rain year (starts the beginning of Oct).. almost 38 inches and this in the city. We typically have twice as much rain as the city does.. which means we are probably getting close to 80 inches. I'm pretty over it all.. and it is making it hard to find a time to walk when it is constantly pouring down rain. I can handle some rain.. but constant pouring rain, is making it difficult. Praying that this calms down and we can experience some nicer spring days and I can get out and walk more.


That is all for my week, hope you all are having a great week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub