Friday in the Kitchen



Friday in the Kitchen is about sharing some of the food I've been cooking in my kitchen recently.


Even though I'm taking a break I still have a few things I prepared ahead of time to share with you. :)


White Bean Chicken Chili
THIS
recipe was so good! I'm still on my veggie quest. Trying to find ways to add them to our diet. I'm looking for recipes that use them in a different way then just cooking and serving as a side dish. That is good too, but I want to get a bit more of all the amazing veggies there are out there in our diet. So making this White Bean Chicken Chili was a great way to use butternut squash. My family loved this soup (and me too! :). It went great with tortillas and salsa. I served a big green salad on the side.

I cooked my butternut squash in my Instant Pot. I used the same method I used to cook acorn squash. You can see my video on how I do this HERE. The only difference was time.

I cut my squash in half so it would fit in the pot. I added a cup of water and cooked it on manual for 10 minutes. Then removed it and cleaned out the seeds. I found my ice cream scoop a good way to do this job..




Then I put it back in and cooked it another 10 minutes. I then peeled it, and cut it into chunks to add to the chili.

I also cooked the chicken in the IP to speed things up. When all was cooked and cut up I put the rest of the ingredients in the IP, heated it up, tasted and added a little more salt and served it up...
 



Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
I had this on my menu recently and wanted to share that this recipe is so easy and so very good! I highly recommend it. It was originally a crockpot recipe and this lady converted it into and IP recipe. If you don't have an IP, you can make it in a crockpot.


When it was done cooking I took a lot of the juices and pineapple and pureed them, added some flour and then added that back to the rest of the juices for a thicker sauce. This will be on our menu again! It's a great recipe because it only uses a few ingredients that are easy to have on hand.



I served it with rice and garlic roasted brussel sprouts. It was a yummy meal...
 




That is all for this week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub