Wednesday Snap Shot



Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)


So Far This Week
Happy March 1st! Spring is coming soon! My week has been busy at home catching up on housework and much needed chores were accomplished.

Overall it has been quiet and nice for simply working through my to do lists.


On My To-Do List
Today I need to do a few things..

~Laundry
~Cooking
~Vacuum living room

Then I plan to take a walk and crochet.


Projects I'm Working On
I've been able to make some progress on my baby blanket. I'm hoping to get it finished by this weekend.

A project I hope to get started this week is doing some cleaning and organizing of my kitchen cupboards. They are in need of a little TLC.
 

Today's Weather
It is rainy and gray out right now. I think there is going to be a few breaks in the rain and that is when I plan to get out and walk.

High for today 45, Low 35



The View from my Deck (or window)




What I'm Reading
I finished the book of 2nd Kings and have started reading 1st Chronicles. It's been interesting to read the genealogies starting from Adam.

I started reading Robinson Crusoe. I've started it twice since last fall and went on to different books. This time I plan to finally finish it.


What I'm Listening To
The dryer is going. I've already started my laundry for the day :). My daughter getting ready for work.


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
Saving gas and time. On Monday I had a few items to pick up at the grocery store and a couple errands to run and so did my husband. So we went to town together. We live about 45 minutes from the city. We try and wait until we have several things to do and then often go together on his days off. This saves gas when we are not both going into town at different times and saves the time of multiple trips to town. Also if possible he will try and do other needed things in town on his way to work or home from work. This is a bit more tricky because of his hours and does not always work with typical, normal business hours.


Fitness and Health for the Week
Thanks to a couple nice days I was able to get out and walk. I'm so looking forward to spring and more days outside. It's been a challenge for me to get back in my groove and walk. So I was so happy to get out again.
 
My walk started out overcast and gray but I was happy to see the sun breaks by the end of the walk..
 
 


Walking is such great exercise for just about everyone. Sometimes you might need a little motivation to get going. I have a Pinterest board that has several different walking plans to help get you moving: https://www.pinterest.com/cmiller2335/walking-and-exercise/ 

I'm focusing on the foods I eat even more so. I'm adding more fruits and veggies to my daily diet. And working to cut way back on the sugar. Sugar is so damaging to our bodies.


That is all for this week! Hope you are having a great week!


 

Comments

  1. Wow your mountain view is stunning! March is coming in like a lion here in GA. I really did not like Robinson Crusoe- I know it is a classic for a reason but I did not enjoy it. I finally got a fitbit! It really encourages me to "do a little more." Have great rest of your week. Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha Angela!! Maybe that is why I'm having such a hard time getting through that book (it's just not that great) .. :) I finished chapter 2 today.. so.. I'll hang in there and see what I think. So happy for your FitBit!! I have loved the encouragement it gives me to do a little more each day.

      Delete
  2. Hello friend. Your walking view is gorgeous! I am excited now that the snow has finally melted spring will be here soon. I LOVE the snow, but I also know you LOVE that hot summer weather. I have an adult tricycle that I start riding all over town as soon as weather permits and I am getting anxious to start that. I have never read RC, but do love to read. I had my starts for my spring garden all germinated and coming up, and my cat ate them! Ugh! Oh well, I started them again. Lol have a wonderful week everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the adult tricycle! What a great way to stay in shape. Yes. I LOVE the hot summer weather.. the hotter the better.. :D .. sorry about your starts. I need to get on this month for a few things. Hope you have a great week too friend.. Crystal :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub