Pumpkin Spice Cake (from a cake mix)


I had a box of spice cake mix in my cupboard that has been there for a while. With fall here and being in a little bit of a mood to do some simple fall baking I set out to see what I could with this cake mix. I found this simple recipe: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/incredibly-moist-pumpkin-spice-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting/c8ce831f-e933-425d-b8c6-a2335705f63a    The cake is very moist and good.  A nice mix of spice and pumpkin flavors. 


It required the cake mix, a can of pumpkin and a few other ingredients...



I baked it in a 9x13 pan. The recipe made it into a layer cake.  I ended up baking if for about 35 minutes..

Frosted it...



The only changes I made to the recipe was to the frosting. The original recipe had 5 cups of powdered sugar, which seemed like a lot to me. I cut that down to 3 cups. I also added to the frosting 1 teaspoon of vanilla and a ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.


It was yummy!! My guys ate it up pretty quick..




 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub