Crockpot Aloha Chicken


This recipe was not on my menu last week. I'd planned something else, but life happened and I wanted a quick meal for the day that I could put in the crockpot and not think about until dinner time. This was the ticket.

I found a recipe but had to tweak it some to make it to my liking. A warning.. it is a big recipe. You can cut it down, or just freeze some of it if it is too much for your family size. This lasted us one night for dinner, a couple meals for my hubby's lunch and my kids finished up the leftovers.
 




Crockpot Aloha Chicken

5#'s boneless, skinless chicken thighs... I'm sure breast would work as well. If using frozen chicken, defrost first
1 can coconut milk
1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate (undiluted)
1 cup soy sauce
¾ cup brown sugar
2T lemon juice

Combine everything in the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve over rice. Add a nice green salad and you have a delish meal! 


Talk about simple and yummy!!



 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub