Enchiladas Using Home Canned Foods


I made enchiladas for dinner tonight. I used my home canned beef (that I shared in my last blog post). I also used some leftover brown rice pilaf from dinner a couple of days ago. I made the enchilada sauce using a quart of my home canned tomato puree. Here is what was needed to make the enchiladas…



I usually make enchilada sauce according to this recipe: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/enchiladasauce1.htm  But for these enchiladas I used 1 quart of my tomato puree. I put the puree in the blender and added the cornstarch and spices according to the recipe. I heated it on the stove and let it simmer for a few minutes…



To make the enchilada filling I opened a pint jar of roast beef and broke it up to shred it a bit. I added 2 cups of leftover brown rice pilaf and mixed it together.



I quickly fried up a dozen tortillas in coconut oil just until soft. I then put a large scoop of the tortilla filling in the center of a tortilla and topped it with a bit of cheddar cheese….



I folded it over and put it in a 9x13 pan (that had been sprayed with non-stick spray)….



I did this for the rest of the tortillas…



When this was done I poured the enchilada sauce over the tortillas and topped with a little more cheese…



This was baked at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. I served the enchiladas with a salad along with chips and homemade, home canned salsa…



It was delish!!

Comments

  1. That looks so good. I need to remember that for canned beef.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub