I’m Back!!





I’m back at it a couple days earlier than expected! I’ve been busy getting my home up and running again. Hubby and I took a little vacation to enjoy some sun and heat and my adult children kept the home fires burning. Now I’m waiting for the sun and heat to hit my part of the world. I hope to get my garden planted this coming week. In the meantime I am busy this weekend planning a big family Memorial Day barbeque. It may be in the rain, but no matter it will be fun to have all the kids and spouses and grandkids gathered together!

A pic of me and hubby by the pool on our vacation….




And a recipe to post… On my bbq menu we are serving strawberry shortcake for dessert. My daughter Sierra will be making these tomorrow. This is a very yummy and easy to make shortcake that has been made many, many times for my family…


Super Easy Strawberry Shortcake


2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
6 T cane juice crystals, divided
1 T baking powder
½ t salt
1 cup whipping cream

Strawberries, sliced and sweetened if needed
Whipping cream that has been whipped and slightly sweetened to taste

In a bowl combine whole wheat pastry flour, 4 T cane juice crystals, baking powder and salt. Mix well (if you want a lighter shortcake you can sift these ingredients together). Add whipping cream and stir gently until it starts to clump. Gather the dough together in a ball, but don’t knead. Divide dough into 6 pieces and form into rounds. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 2 T of cane juice crystals.

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.

Slice in half and pile on sliced strawberries and cream on the bottom half and lay top half on top of the strawberries and whip cream.



 

Comments

  1. Welcome back! The strawberry shortcake recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal! Glad you had a nice vacation! Was wondering what happened to ya! Enjoy your family this holiday weekend! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being so faithful to posting even after just arriving back and planning the BBQ! I am so grateful and I look forward to everything you have to say! I value your wisdom. And just as an fyi...I am moving and didn't want to make laundry soap so I bought a bottle of my old detergent (Gain). I used to LOVE the way it smelled...now, it's about to run me out of the laundry room! I miss my wonderful laundry soap and the softess it imparts. Anyway. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys make such a lovely couple . He is very lucky to have you.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back and got to have a little get away with your honey. You look great! Have a wonderful Memorial weekend and a fun BBQ! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shortcake looks delicious!
    Welcome back, how thoughtful of you to post while you are so busy.
    Have a wonderful Memorial Day!
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your back!!! I just stared at blog myself. I have you to blame :). Let me know what you think
    http://purejoycomesfromliving.blogspot.com thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub