Monday on the Homestead



A fresh start to the week!! I love Monday’s! I like to give my home a good cleaning on Monday. Usually the weekends are busy with all of us in and out of the house and by today, the home needs some attention. That would be especially true for my weekend with the canning that I did. On Saturday evening I canned up a second (double) batch of 3 bean salad; ended up with another 12 pints and 6 quarts. Plus my weekend had other happenings going on as well. So this morning I printed out my cleaning list for today ( http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/mondayschores.htm ). 




Mainly I want to clean up the clutter around the house, give the kitchen & bathroom a good scrub down, sweep & mop floors, and wash a few loads of laundry. I’ll make sure my kids clean up their rooms and vacuum rugs, sweep and mop floors upstairs (where their rooms are). With all of us working I suspect it should not take too long. I am thankful for the help from my kids today as I kind of over did it with my elbow this weekend and I am feeling it.




After the house cleaning is done I was planning to get some weeding done in the garden… but the prediction is for rain today.. sad to say.. if it does rain then the most I am going to do is go pick some lettuce for tonight’s dinner. My menu says sub sandwiches and watermelon. I think it will be cantaloupe instead as it needs to be eaten first. I also wanted to make some dessert. Since today is on the cooler side it might be the perfect afternoon to bake a batch of oatmeal cookies ( http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/oatmealcookies.htm ). 




My hubby does not have to work tonight (his weekend starts today), so the evening will be enjoyed with some family time and maybe watching something from Netflix.

 

Comments

  1. This is my first week on my new work schedule. I will work Tues-Fri now. I plan to get a lot done on Mondays when the kids are in school and hubby at work. Bake breads, do laundry, good cleaning...I hope I'm not trying to cram too much in one day. But this will allow sat & sun for play time with the family. Hope that elbow gets to feeling better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had such a productive Saturday evening! I hope your elbow gets better soon. I too really appreciate my children's help, it makes the chores go so much quicker with 5 working instead of just 1. Your Monday sounds alot like mine, pick up and recoup from weekend. Although, I did get to work in my garden today. I was afraid I would get rained on but was able to get it all tilled, weeded and some panels in for tieing up canteloupe and tomatos. Have a wonderful evening with your family!
    Blessings,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub