Apple Peach Tea

This is a nice frugal way to stretch a 12 oz can of apple juice. With a little help from some tea bags I end up with a gallon of yummy apple peach tea. Here is how I do it..

You start with one 12oz can of frozen apple juice concentrate and 3 of your favorite bags of tea. I am use peach tea, but you can use any type you would like.



I put a pan of water on the stove and add my tea bags. I bring the water to a boil and remove it from the stove. I let this sit for about 30 to 40 minutes to get nice and strong.

 

Then I add some sweetener. I am use honey. I add about ¼ to 1/3 cup of honey. You can add sugar if you would like and I would suggest about ½ cup if you do. However if you don’t need your tea super sweet you can skip the sweetener altogether. The apple juice will sweeten it up some too.



Then I pour this mixture into a 1 gallon juice container



Then I add enough water to bring it to the 2 quart mark on the container

 

Then I add the can of apple juice


Finally, fill the container with water up the gallon mark on the container. That is it! Put it in the fridge to get cold and enjoy!



 

Comments

  1. Crystal this tea sounds good, but how much water did you start out with in the pan, before steeping the tea, as you didn't specify the amount? Looking at the pitcher, you must of used 4 cups?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, how much did you start out with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't really matter, just make the adjustment when adding second batch of water to get the 2 qts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is correct.. it really does not matter, I never measure.. just put some water in a pan and add the tea bags, let it come to a boil and steep.. then when you add it to your pitcher you fill it with more water to the 2qt mark..

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds delicious Crystal. I'm going to put some apple juice on my grocery list next week and give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really refreshing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds delicious. I'll have to get some apple juice soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub