Wednesday on the Homestead




Good morning friends! How is your week going? Mine has been busy in several directions.

I had 2 of my children up for a visit over the weekend and that was so nice. Always love seeing my kids and catching up on life with them.

There was another snow storm predicted for our area so yesterday I got out and picked up my groceries. I woke up this morning to nothing but very light flurries, cold temps and wind, but thankfully no real snow accumulation. Maybe we can start moving onward to spring like weather? We'll see.

I'm finding it hard to believe it's almost time to move the clocks forward. My hubby works in Oregon and we live in Washington. Oregon is deciding if they want to stop moving the clocks around. I like that idea but we both realized if Oregon does this and Washington does not then it will make for a crazy life of living in 2 different times. We'll see what eventually happens.

Over the next couple weeks or so we're in the baby waiting mode. My daughter's due date has come and gone and now we wait for God's perfect timing. She has a history of being late (almost 4 weeks late with her last baby) so we are all trying to patient, especially her! :)

I have a couple pictures to share with you from our visit a couple weeks ago with friends and family. My daughter sent them to me. Our friend trying to connect with our animals! Ha, ha.. they're only really interested in you if you have food for them. ;) But they were cute pics to share.. 


 




Goals
I have a few household chores to do today. I was planning on a day at home in case the weather was bad. I still plan on staying home today.

My hutch in my dining room is a cluttered mess. It's too easy to shove things on the shelves of the hutch and forget about them. I'm planning on doing the Marie Kondo thing.. remove all the items, clean and dust and then make hard choices with what to keep, what to give and what to toss. I need the order in my home and frankly very little up there sparks joy for me! :D 

I also need to do some cooking for us tonight. We will be having taco pie, chips & salsa and salad.  




For the Love of Books!
I finished Swiss Family Robinson! I LOVED the book. Such a great story. 

Not knowing what to move onto I looked at my Kindle to see what books I had on there that I haven't read and found an Agatha Christie novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles. I figured it was time for a good mystery story, my favorite kind of book. 
 


Projects
I'm having such fun making quilt squares from my scraps. I'm up to 16 squares now. I think the most fun of a scrap quilt is that there really are no rules to follow. I can create and do what ever I want to. One thing I had to come to a conclusion on was the size of my blocks. I had blocks of various sizes. I decided on 12 ½ inch blocks. So for some of my blocks I needed to add borders to increase the size.

Now I need to decide how big to make this quilt. I have 16 squares made so far with ideas floating around my head for more blocks. I'm going to lay out the blocks and see what I have and decide. Plus I need to decide if I want to sew the blocks together as is or put fabric strips in-between the blocks. It's been a create as I go project.

Here are a few more of the blocks I've been making...






Fitness and Health
Still waiting for it to warm up a little more. I can handle walking in the rain but walking 3 or 4 or 5 miles in the wind and cold is something I struggle with. In the meantime I'm focusing on eating well; keeping up with my fruit and fresh veggies, healthy proteins, and grains. 

 

View from my Deck
There are light flurries coming down which can't be seen in the picture. Almost all of the snow on the ground has melted now. I don't think what's falling today will accumulate to much.




Today's weather: High: 39 Low: 33

Well, at least it's supposed to stay above freezing! :)

That's all for this week my friends,
Crystal

Comments

  1. Maybe O Pioneers by Willa Cather? I just finished Prairie Fires by Caroline Fraser it's about the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder. I got the hard cover from my library and really enjoyed it. My husband loves to read Agatha Christie. I've been working to trim my budget and also watching Marie Kondo on Netflix - very inspiring! Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie 😊 I was actually thinking of O Pioneers, I like the sound of Prairie Fires as well.. I'll keep them both on my list. Crystal 😊

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's a great winter project. Crystal 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub