Menu Monday!



Good morning! My first menu of the new year. I've had my mind on so many things that I've thrown together food for the last week. I'm happy to be back to a menu. Makes life simpler.

I need to go grocery shopping. Not sure if it will be today or tomorrow. So I'm planning on a simple meal tonight with the foods I have on hand. I'm making hamburger potato chowder. I'll serve this with a big green salad.


The rest of the week is looking like this...

Chicken Bacon Pesto Pasta
I made this while my family was visiting and it was a big hit. I made it in the crockpot. I don't have a specific recipe written down but I'll share what I did. 

I put boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breasts in my crockpot (you can use both or one or the other, does not matter). I had about 3 ½ pounds. I sprinkled it with salt & pepper, and garlic. I poured a can of cream of mushroom soup over it and put 8oz of cream cheese in it. I let this cook for about 6 hours or until the chicken had finished cooking. I pulled the chicken out and let it cool a bit. I then cooked up about a half pound or maybe a bit more of bacon until is was crisp. I also cooked about 10oz of angel hair pasta and drained that. I shredded and cut up the chicken and added it back to the crockpot. I added the bacon (crumbled), the pasta and then poured in pesto sauce to taste and served it up with french bread and a salad. It was delish.

I know this recipe will be a good one for freezing so I'll make another large batch and freeze it for after my surgery. I'll serve it with french bread and a salad.


Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
I love black bean chili. I love sweet potatoes! :) I'll make my standard chili recipe and add a couple sweet potatoes to it. Cornbread and salad will be the sides.


BBQ Pork Roast
I'll use my Instant Pot to cook up a pork roast with bbq sauce. I plan to serve mac & cheese on the side. I also plan on making acorn squash and another veggie of some sort with this.


That should do it for the week and give me meals in the freezer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub