Menu Monday!













I'm slowly regaining my energy and have cooked a little bit. But, not a lot. My son has did some cooking and my hubby is a master at the grill so it's not been hard to keep us fed.

This week I'm hoping to do a little more. The hardest part has been deciding what to make. I don't have a huge appetite and finding meals that sound good to me is challenging.

Tonight is burgers on the grill. Hubby will handle the grilling and we'll have the typical trimmings to go along with the meal.


The rest of the week is looking like this..

Pork Noodle Bowl
Sometimes, when all else fails.. just make a bowl/plate of food for dinner.. it's simple... Start with a bowl or plate of cooked noodles (in my case for this meal, but it could also be rice or potatoes),

Add meat of choice (mine will be a pork roast cooked in my Instant Pot using Yoshida's sauce diluted with a little water), your meat can be chicken or beef or seafood, what ever you want. Cook your meat any way you would like. You can use the crockpot, the oven, the Instant Pot. Or use leftovers.

And top with veggies of your choice.. this could be sauteed or cooked veggies such as cabbage, onion, peppers, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli.. whatever you like or have on hand. Or they could be cut up fresh veggies like tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach (or other greens), radishes.. etc..

Finally you can top the meal with juices from cooking your meat or soy sauce, or salsa, or Sriracha, or your favorite salad dressing.


Pizza Baked Potatoes
This is a offshoot of the above ideal. I have potatoes that need to be used up, I have mozzarella cheese in the fridge that needs to be used up. I bought it for something else before I ended up in the hospital and now won't be making that recipe and want to use the cheese.

Here's how it will go.... bake enough potatoes for dinner. While they are baking, cook up some Italian sausage and set aside. Chop up olives, peppers and mushrooms. When the potatoes are done baking, cut them open and top with some spaghetti sauce, sausage, olives, peppers, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Put under the broiler long enough to melt the cheese.. and enjoy.


Chicken Salad
I'll make a nice big green salad loaded with our favorite veggies and add cooked chicken, beans, feta cheese (or any other type would be fine too), top with our favorite salad dressing and some chopped up nuts. I'll also serve sliced french bread on the side.


All of these meals should be easy and very do able for me this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub