Wednesday Snap Shot



Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)


So Far This Week
It's been a very busy but very enjoyable week. My niece and her husband came for a visit. They arrived on Saturday and left this morning. It was the first time we had met her husband and we liked him so much. They are such a cute couple and recently found out they are expecting their first baby. So soon I'll be a grand aunt (I know it's actually a great aunt but I like grand aunt better :) for the first time.

On Sunday I had my son and his girlfriend here for the day to visit as well. And yesterday my daughter Hannah came with her kids to see her cousin. I snapped this pic of 2 generations of cousins (my niece and Hannah's youngest)..



This morning we were up bright and early and heading to the airport. We got a picture of us all before we left..



After dropping them off we got a cup of coffee at Starbucks and did our grocery shopping (which is why Wednesday Snap Shot is late).



On My To-Do List
Most of what I wanted to get done today has been done. I cooked so much food while they were here that we are eating leftovers tonight. So, no cooking on the to do list.

When I'm done getting this post out I still have a few things to do...

~2 loads of laundry
~stripping the guest room sheets and washing them (3 loads I guess :)
~vacuum the living room
~swish through the bathroom


Projects I'm Working On
One thing I did not have time for this week was working on my blanket. Hopefully the rest of the week will afford some time for me to sit and work on this.


Today's Weather
It has been rainy all week, but this morning we woke up to a lot of fog. On our trip home I took this picture..

It was taken around noon and shows the sun trying shine behind all the fog.

It has now mostly burned off and it is a dry day.

High of 45, low of 27



The View from my Deck (or window)




What I'm Reading
Again with all my attention going to my guests I made very little progress on my reading.


What I'm Listening To
The washing machine going and my hubby outside raking the driveway


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
I thought I'd share some of the deals I got today while grocery shopping. Costco had a great price on pork shoulder roasts. They were $1.79 a pound. I purchased a large 12 pound roast...
 



When I got home I cut the roast up into 4- 3# roasts, bagged them and put them in the freezer.


I always pack my hubby's lunch for work (as I've shared) and I use plastic containers for this. Costco also had a good deal on the containers. I needed to replace some of mine so this was great timing. I got 12 new ones for $9.74..



Fitness and Health for the Week
Now that it seems the snow and ice are done for the season the rain has moved in more days then not. I've never been a big fan of walking in the rain but I'm getting desperate to get out and get fit. I also saw at Costco a light weight rain jacket. It seemed the perfect answer for me. Now I have some motivation to walk in the rain knowing I won't come back soaked to bone.





Hope you all are having a great week!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub