Menu Monday!






My husbands schedule has been a bit jumbled up lately and that gets me off track as well! So I'm a little late in getting this out today. 

Summer heat continues you here, which I'm loving as I feel we finally have a summer! I think we are probably one of the only states (other than Alaska) that has not spent the summer in sweltering hot heat! The hot days means I really don't want to be heating up my kitchen and cooking all day. My cooking, as of late, is relying heavily on my Instant Pot. I love that not only do I get a meal cooked quickly but it does not heat up my kitchen.


Tonight we will be having pork roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, and peppers. It will all be cooked in my IP. Last time I made this meal I had a falling apart tender roast and the veggies (put in towards the end of the cooking time) in less than an hour and a half. I'll make a salad to go along with this meal.

The rest of the week is looking like this:

Korean Chicken and Rice
I plan on using THIS marinade to cook my boneless, skinless chicken thighs in and I'll make some rice, all in the IP of course. I'll serve some summer fruit and maybe broccoli on the side.


Spaghetti
Yep another IP meal. Super easy, brown the hamburger in the IP, add a jar of spaghetti sauce, and one jar (from the sauce) of water, a few extra spices and the noodles. Cook for half the amount of time required for the noodles. Garlic bread and a salad will go with this meal.


Chicken Tacos
I cook the chicken (boneless, skinless, frozen) in the IP with a little water and a jar of salsa. When it is done, shred the chicken and use it to make tacos.


That should do it for the week!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub