Broccoli Salad



I made this last night for dinner. I was originally planning to make this to go with chicken and gravy over biscuits, but it seemed a better fit with lasagna. So I changed up my menu and made lasagna.

This salad is so good!! If you are looking for a little something different, this might just be the ticket. I made this earlier in the day so it would have time to drain and chill before dinner.

This recipe makes a very large amount of salad. Remember, I feed 6 adults.. :) .. so feel free to cut it in half or more if you are not feeding an army like I am!
 



Broccoli Salad

3#’s broccoli florets (the heads only, I buy them in a large 3# bag from Costco)
½ of a medium onion, chopped (I used a Walla Walla Sweet onion)
½ cup craisins (raisins would also work, but the craisins were very pretty)
1 ½ cups mayo
3T white wine vinegar
4t sugar
salt & pepper, to taste

Blanch the broccoli for 2 or 3 minutes (bring a pot of water to a boil, add broccoli, bring it back to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes). Drain and soak in cold water to cool off. Then drain again. It’s important that the broccoli is very well drained. I put my broccoli, in my strainer (that was sitting in a bowl to catch the extra liquid) in the fridge for about an hour so it could be well drained and cold.

While the broccoli is draining make the dressing. In a large bowl mix together the mayo, vinegar, sugar and salt & pepper.

When the broccoli has cooled down and drained put it in a large bowl. Add the chopped onions and craisins. Add the dressing and gently stir to coat it well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub