Recipes from my Kitchen


Last night I made a delish and pretty simple dinner. I had caramelized baked chicken, cheaters potato salad and a tomato cucumber salad. It was really good and my family ate it up no problems!



The chicken recipe comes from HERE. My daughter told me she tried it and sent me the recipe. It was so good and very easy.

The potato salad… well, I called it “Cheaters Potato Salad”. I’ve made this a couple times now and really enjoy it a lot. I purchased a 2# bag of frozen southern hash browns. These are hash browns that are in the little cubes instead of being shredded. Saved me the steps of peeling and cutting up the potatoes.

First you need to cook the hash brown potatoes. You can do this anyway you would like. I poked several holes in the bag of hash browns with a fork and then put them in the microwave. I cooked them for about 10 minutes, stopping every few minutes to shake up the bag. After they are cooked I put them in a bowl. At this point you can continue to make your favorite potato salad recipe.

Or here is my basic recipe to use:

Crystal’s Potato Salad

2 to 2 ½ lbs potatoes
3 large eggs
¼ c chopped onion
¼ c chopped pickles
~these amounts of onion and pickles can vary (more or less) as you desire
1 ¼ cups mayonnaise
¼ to 1/3 c pickle juice (start with the lower amount and add more according to your own tastes)
1 T Dijon mustard (regular mustard will also work)
2 t minced garlic from a jar
½ t salt
¼ t season salt
¼ t pepper

Peel potatoes and put in a pot. Cover with water. Add eggs at the same time. Put on stove and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft. Drain and put in fridge to cool down.
When potatoes have cooled chop them into bite size pieces and put in a bowl. Peel and chop eggs and add these. Add chopped onions and pickles.
In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients. Add this to the potatoes and mix well. Refrigerate for a while to blend flavors. Serve and enjoy!


My tomatoes are starting to come in now so I have lots to use! My garden fresh tomatoes were my inspiration for this salad..

Tomato Cucumber Salad

5 roma tomatoes, chopped
¾ of an English cucumber (any cucumbers will work), cut into squares
¼ cup chopped onion
Italian dressing
¼ cup sour cream
salt & pepper, to taste

Combine tomatoes, cucumber and onions in a bowl. Drizzle Italian dressing to coat veggies. Add sour cream and mix well. Sprinkle with a little salt & pepper. Refrigerate for a bit to combine flavors.


 

Comments

  1. Thank you Crystal for the recipes I am making that chicken tonight...it looks yummY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks great.

    I make cheater potato salad, too. My cheat is to wash potatoes well, dice and pressure cook them...lol. Very quick that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub