I made my zucchini soup yesterday and got it canned. Here is the recipe… Zucchini Sausage Soup for Canning makes about 13 quarts 1 ½ lbs sausage ¼ cup olive oil 3 onions, chopped 3 peppers, chopped 24 cups cubed zucchini, do not peel 3 cans (14oz) diced tomatoes 3 cups sliced carrots 12 cups stock 6 cups water 1T salt 1T seasoning salt 1T. pepper 1T Italian seasonings In a large stockpot (I used a 14 quart pot), heat up olive oil and add sausage, onions and peppers. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the veggies are soft. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and let simmer a few minutes. Fill the first 7 hot quart jars with the hot soup. Process in a pressure canner at 10lbs of pressure for 90 minutes. Repeat for the next batch.
Sounds like good WARM foods for COLD days!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Crystal!
ReplyDeleteI'm finally delurking after years of dropping by :). I love your menu ideas, it's wonderful inspiration and Ive printed up quite a few of your recipes.
Mondays are soup night at my house-quick, easy and warm. That's the kind of winter meal I love!
My mother always made meatloaf with the same ingredients, though she added crackers or oatmeal to stretch the meat a little more. I never knew this was "different" until I got on my own. Good menu!
ReplyDeleteI've noticed that you have salad on your menu often. Is this lettuce you grow? I have a terrible time finding lettuce at the store that I'm satisfied with; many times I don't buy any because it doesn't look fit to eat. Also, how do your vary the salads so you don't get bored?
ReplyDeleteHI Monica! During the summer months when I do grow lettuce I use my own. The rest of the year I buy it from Costco. I buy packages of "hearts of romaine" and I buy either spinach or a mix of spring greens and spinach. I add lots of veggies to my salads.. grated carrots, red cabbage, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms.. etc.. I like to think of salad as a great way to get lots of good quality veggies into my family's diet..
ReplyDeleteCrystal :)
Sharon.. your mama was a smart mama!! I just recently started adding veggies to my meatloaf and love it!! :)
ReplyDelete