I made my zucchini soup yesterday and got it canned. Here is the recipe… Zucchini Sausage Soup for Canning makes about 13 quarts 1 ½ lbs sausage ¼ cup olive oil 3 onions, chopped 3 peppers, chopped 24 cups cubed zucchini, do not peel 3 cans (14oz) diced tomatoes 3 cups sliced carrots 12 cups stock 6 cups water 1T salt 1T seasoning salt 1T. pepper 1T Italian seasonings In a large stockpot (I used a 14 quart pot), heat up olive oil and add sausage, onions and peppers. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the veggies are soft. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and let simmer a few minutes. Fill the first 7 hot quart jars with the hot soup. Process in a pressure canner at 10lbs of pressure for 90 minutes. Repeat for the next batch.
I've been reading your blog for a couple-three months now and I have been convicted and challenged. Since reading your blog I have my ingredients for laundry soap (waiting on essential oils) and I made a promise to my family-myself that there would be NO TAKE OUT this month! OMG I am so freaked! Thanks for your ideas...I'm jumping in! S.Davis
ReplyDelete