Updates from my Homestead


 

We have had an action packed time around here lately. A week ago Wednesday I put Jacob and Sierra on a plane to WashingtonDC to see my daughter and her family.  They had a great time. They toured DC and the zoo and enjoyed lots of R&R with Carolyn and her family. On Friday of the same week I put Emily and Isaac on a plane to Chicago to go and visit my sister in law in NW Illinois. They also had a fantastic time and were well pampered by their aunt and cousins. Emily also got to meet up with her College Plus coach and enjoyed that quite a bit. 

 

So that left Tobin and me with an “empty nest” for a week, which we thoroughly loved! We got a peek into what our life will be like a few years from now and we did like the look of it. A few things I observed while my kids were gone:

 

I have no IDEA how to cook for two people! LOL.. good thing they all came home and started eating up the leftovers!

 

I vacuumed the floors 2 times in one week instead of 2 times a day.  

 

I ran the dishwasher a handful of times while they were gone instead of 2 to 3 times a day.

 

After I cleaned a room and came back into that room a few minutes later..  low and behold it was STILL clean! 

 

I closed the bathroom door even when I was the only one in the house… old habits die hard…

 

I actually had the time to make progress on my never ending list of details..

 

I washed 3 loads of laundry in a week instead of daily!

 

And finally… I did miss them despite it all! 

 

 

So after our week of an empty nest they started coming home… Jacob and Sierra came home on Thursday. 

 

Then the most exciting part:  LEANNE IS HOME!!!!!!   She was scheduled to arrive home on Thursday night at 11:30pm but her plane was delayed for 3 1/2 hours in New York. There was a storm that delayed them for 2 1/2 hours and then they sat on the runway for an hour waiting for their turn to take off. So it was 3:AM west coast time before I could go and pick her up. She had been up for over 24 hours already. She had left Switzerland then flew to Paris and then NYC and finally home to Washington state. She has shared so much about her missions trip with us and soon I will have more details and pictures to share with you all. She is quite happy to be home now.

 

Finally yesterday (Friday) evening I picked up Emily and Isaac from the airport and all my chicks were back in the nest again. 

 

We came home and dished up ice cream with yummy strawberry syrup (thank you Erica!! ) and I went to bed and I know my girls talked until late into the evening. Emily and Leanne were so happy to see each other. They are very close and missed each other something terrible so their reunion was a most welcome close to all the summer adventures. 

 

I do know I need an airport break! LOL I have been to the airport 5 times in 10 days and been through security 3 times.. I think I have become a pro at it! LOL.. Now it is time to start thinking about fall, grandbabies due and starting school with my kids.. oh and Leanne will be working to get her drivers permit. Just when I finished one it is time to start the next.. 

 

I am looking forward to being back to my regularly scheduled blogging now and sharing more info from the homestead!

Comments

  1. Hi Crystal,

    I can relate to your empty nest feelings, we have an empty nest at the moment as well. It is great to enjoy time together, but we too dearly miss our kids. We have yet another week to go, we'll survive ;-).

    Enjoy your full nest!


    blessings, Ellen


    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy all the kids had a fun time, and that they all made it home safely. I can't wait to hear more of Leanne's mission trip and see some photos.


    Have a great weekend!


    love

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you and hubby got some much needed time alone. I laughed at how you felt so out of your element with the cooking, laundry and house chores though. LOL You got a break for a week, and it just didn't seem right! LOL


    Glad Leanne is finally home. I bet she has lots and lots to share about her travels, and I can't wait to hear some of it and see some pictures.


    God's Blessings,

    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal,

    What a beautiful update from your homestead. Think of you daily my friend and love ya,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,


    Nice to hear that all is well & that all your chicks are back. Hope you enjoyed figuring out how to do the cooking for two.


    Enjoy your family & hope you are not too tired.


    Love your blog!!!!!!!!


    Love Maritza

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub