I made my zucchini soup yesterday and got it canned. Here is the recipe… Zucchini Sausage Soup for Canning makes about 13 quarts 1 ½ lbs sausage ¼ cup olive oil 3 onions, chopped 3 peppers, chopped 24 cups cubed zucchini, do not peel 3 cans (14oz) diced tomatoes 3 cups sliced carrots 12 cups stock 6 cups water 1T salt 1T seasoning salt 1T. pepper 1T Italian seasonings In a large stockpot (I used a 14 quart pot), heat up olive oil and add sausage, onions and peppers. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the veggies are soft. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and let simmer a few minutes. Fill the first 7 hot quart jars with the hot soup. Process in a pressure canner at 10lbs of pressure for 90 minutes. Repeat for the next batch.
Sounds Yummy Crystal. I love the fact that you include recipes on your menu planner. I love trying out old favorites from other families!!!
ReplyDeleteGod's Blessings,
Amy Jo
I appreciate you including your recipes.
ReplyDeleteHEY! A fellow Ron Paul supporter! I just spotted the link on your blog. I feel that much closer to you my friend! : )
ReplyDeleteI relished your comments about collecting "stuff" and spring cleaning. I had to also clean out my brothers and Dad's houses when they died, and I owed then and there I wouldn't collect a lot of "stuff", but needless to say I still do. Periodically I go through and toss. Since we received 10 inches of snow Saturday, it doesn't seem much like spring. I have begun some cleaning and like to put up springlike decorations with bright colors to add brightness and warmth. I love your site and enjoy the weekly menus. Sometimes I get so I don't even know what to fix for a meal anymore. I look for you everyday.
ReplyDelete