Grocery Haul for Two





Good Morning!!

This weeks haul was larger then I thought it would be. However I restocked items, added to my pantry and more. 

My first stop was Winco...


I was out of most veggies. So I picked up my lettuce mixes, cabbage, carrots, kale, tomatoes, mini peppers, mushrooms, cucumbers, potatoes, and onions. I also got a resupply of the weekly fruits.




Pork chops were a good deal at $2.24 a pound. Hamburger was also a decent price at $2.28 a pound. I've paid less, but it's not a bad price so I picked up 3 pounds. Dairy consisted of half & half, a 1/2 gallon of milk, yogurt, sour cream, and some vanilla ice cream. I also bought frozen corn again. We like to put it on the BBQ and it's nice to have it in the freezer. I buy fresh corn if I know I will be using it in the next day or so.



This was a bit of pantry buying, olives, mustard, ketchup and I got some season salt and Mrs. Dash.


The seasoning salt I use often. Mrs. Dash was on sale ($2.68) and I haven't tried the garlic & herb blend yet. 




Hubby was with me and spotted these little pies, ha, ha! :D So they ended up in the cart along with his cookies. 

 

I had one item that was not grocery related and that was Epsom Salts (for soaking tired muscles after hiking :)




My total for Winco was $75.04. I subtracted the epsom salts (that is under the household budget) $2.88 = $72.16





Total this week for Winco: $72




Next stop was Costco...



I was out of both Hamburger buns and french bread. I was almost out of both ranch dressing and butter. 





There were several things on this trip that threw the budget out the window (but I can still make up for this in the weeks to come).  I didn't need any mixed nuts but they were on sale for $15.99 and they're normally a couple dollars more so I stocked up. I was out of breakfast sausages and Worcestershire Sauce and almost out of Hubby's Pub Mix. I picked up a rotisserie chicken to use for a couple different meals and some sausage.



This was the first time I had noticed these and they sounded really good. 

Then Hubby added the budget buster to the cart.. 


Whole rib eye. Admittedly I didn't stop him! :D It is the most cost efficient way to purchase steak. 



It was $8.59 a pound. The already cut steaks were near $11 a pound. I came home and sliced them up and put them in the freezer. 





Total for Costco this week: $242


Grand total for groceries this week: $314








That's all for this weeks Grocery Haul for Two!

Crystal :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub